Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do 5 days of good before celebrating the New Year!

As 2009 comes to an end, it's time to reflect upon what we have accomplished for the year. If you lament that you haven't done enough good deed to help others (which I do), here's your last chance. A gentleman Thomas Atcheson contacted me just a while ago and asked me to spread the words about Twixtmas. Twixtmas is a project that encourages people make a pledge to do at least a good deed a day for 5 days from Dec 27 to Dec 31, the days during Christmas and New Year. Instead of spending all your time indulging yourself in pleasure, try to think about the less fortunate for a moment. And if you think you didn't have much time during the regular work weeks to do something, here's your chance to do it.

Count me in on this as I have long planned to spend my holiday break, from Christmas to New Year day, at a religious community center volunteering. I have done this in the past and I felt more content and satisfied than just having a good time for myself. The Holiday Spirit is essentially about sharing and caring anyway.

So, while I am gone, I would like to wish you Happy Holidays and have a save and healthy break. I will see you again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment