I have made this dish many times. On many occasions, I want to eat something fresh and fulfilling but simple. So one day I just threw in many ingredients that I like in a pot and it turned out to be incredible! The key to this dish here is fresh. Try to get everything fresh and you will be amazed how 'fresh' can take the dish to another level.
1 cup of uncooked pasta (penne)
1 middle or large tomato
1 teaspoon of butter
1/4 cup of Parmesan (or Mozzarella)
A couple leaves of fresh basil (not dry one please!)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the penne into the boiling water. Salt the water so that the penne is flavored.
2. Chop the tomato and basil. Cube the avacado with the skin on.
3. Drain the penne when it becomes al dente or almost al dente (you don't have to cook it through because it will continue to cook). Place the penne back into the same pot for further cooking.
3. Put butter, salt and pepper, and chopped tomato into the pot. Stir them evenly with the penne until everything is well blended together. Allow it to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat. Put the Parmesan and cubed avacado into the pot. Gently stir the dish to prevent the avacado from mashing.
5. Put the chopped basil into the dish before serving.